This is a convenient way to prepare veal shanks since they are grilled in a foil packet. You can serve shanks with potatoes or noodles.
- 6 veal shanks, about 2 inches thick
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small shallot (chopped finely)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) orange zest
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) thyme
- Place shanks in a shallow glass dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over shanks, cover, and allow to marinate for 6-12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Tear off two large pieces of foil. Place 3 shanks in each piece. Fold over and crimp edges of foil to create a packet.
- Place packets onto the grill and allow to cook over direct medium heat for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove, and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||126 g|
|Saturated Fat||34 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||67 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|