This walleye recipe calls for the fish to be seasoned with a citrus butter and toasted pecan mixture. It's a delicious fish recipe for any occasion.
- 12 ounces/350 g walleye fillets
- 1/4 cup/60 mL toasted pecans (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL soft butter (not melted, but room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh chives (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL black pepper
- Combine butter, chives, juice and half of the pecans in a small bowl and mix well. Reserve remaining half of chopped pecans for garnish.
- Preheat grill. Once hot, Take a 12-inch square piece of aluminum foil and cut 2-inch slits into it every two inches. Spray with a nonstick spray or brush with oil and place onto grill. Put the walleye fillets on the foil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill for 8-12 minutes. The fillets are done when the fish flakes easily with a fork and reach an internal temperature of 140 F.
- Two to three minutes before the fish is done, top with the pecan butter. Remove from heat once fish has finished cooking and sprinkle the remaining pecan pieces over top before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|