|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These salmon fillets are grilled hot and fast with a sweet whiskey marinade that gives them a fantastic flavor and nice, crisp glaze when grilled. Serve with grilled vegetables or over fresh salad greens. A perfect weeknight recipe, yet fancy enough for entertaining.
- 4 8-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Mix together whiskey, soy sauce, orange juice, oil and garlic in a medium bowl. Place fish in a shallow dish and pour mixture over top. Cover with plastic wrap and place salmon sit in the refrigerator for 3 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Once heated, oil grill grates to create a non-stick surface. Make at least 4-5 passes on the grates. Place fish on hot grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side. I recommend using two good sized spatulas to help with the turning process. This will reduce breakage.
- The salmon is done when it flakes easily, has faded in color, and reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees. Carefully remove fish from grill and serve.
- If you are interested in a saucier fish. Double marinade recipe. Reserve half of the marinade and bring to a simmer in a saucepan, reduce heat and let sauce continue to simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before spooning over fish.