These salmon fillets are grilled hot and fast with a sweet whiskey marinade that gives them a fantastic flavor and nice, crisp glaze when grilled. Serve with grilled vegetables or over fresh salad greens. A perfect weeknight recipe, yet fancy enough for entertaining.
- 4 8-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
1. Mix together whiskey, soy sauce, orange juice, oil and garlic in a medium bowl. Place fish in a shallow dish and pour mixture over top. Cover with plastic wrap and place salmon sit in the refrigerator for 3 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Once heated, oil grill grates to create a non-stick surface. Make at least 4-5 passes on the grates. Place fish on hot grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
I recommend using two good sized spatulas to help with the turning process. This will reduce breakage.
3. The salmon is done when it flakes easily, has faded in color, and reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees. Carefully remove fish from grill and serve.
4. If you are interested in a saucier fish. Double marinade recipe. Reserve half of the marinade and bring to a simmer in a saucepan, reduce heat and let sauce continue to simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before spooning over fish.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|