|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
White Asparagus is gaining popularity in U.S. but has been a long time favorite in Europe. If you can find them, we highly recommend that you give it a try. The flavor is slightly sweeter than green asparagus, and the garlic-soy cream works well on either variety.
- For Asparagus:
- 2 bundles white asparagus (ends trimmed)
- For Sauce:
- 1 cup/240 mL creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons/5-10 mL chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL garlic powder (use more if preferred)
- For Garnish:
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1 large green onion (finely chopped)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
Soak asparagus in cold water for 5 minutes to make sure to remove all sand or grit.
Place sauce ingredients in blender, and blend until well combined. If making ahead, put into an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator.
Remove asparagus from water, pat dry, brush lightly with oil, and place on grill grate. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, rotating throughout cooking time.
Remove from heat, drizzle with garlic-soy cream, and top with sesame seeds and chopped green onion