If you take small zucchini and cut them lengthwise, you'll find that it's really easy to grill. Not only is this a easy way to prepare zucchini, but the grill adds an extra layer of flavor. For this recipe, I suggest sprinkling a little grated Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
- 3 medium zucchini cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL olive oil
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL dried oregano
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Combine olive oil with herbs, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
3. Brush zucchini with olive oil mixture. Place zucchini slices onto grill and cook until tender, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
4. Once cooked, place zucchini on platter and top with grated parmesan or crumbled feta. Serve immediately.
5. Serve as a main or side dish or use in salads, sandwiches, and wraps.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|