|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||79%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||17%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Taco seasoning and nacho cheese soup help to flavor this easy, tasty casserole. Serve with cornbread or biscuits. This is a great casserole to make for a family meal or potluck dinner.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or mini ziti
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 package (1-ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 can (about 10 1/2 ounces) nacho cheese soup
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend of cheeses (such as Cheddar Jack)
Cook macaroni or mini ziti in boiling salted water as directed on the package. Drain and rinse with hot water; set aside.
Heat oven to 350 F.
Grease a 2 1/2 to a 3-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, stirring and breaking up, with the onion until onion is softened.
Add the bell pepper and continue cooking, stirring, until beef is no longer pink.
Add the garlic and taco seasoning and cook for 1 minute longer.
Add soup, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and half of the cheese. Cook, stirring, until blended and bubbly.
Add the drained macaroni and spoon into the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly and cheese topping has melted.
- If you cover and refrigerate earlier in the day, allow more time for warming the casserole.
Glass Bakeware Warning
For premade casseroles or leftovers that are in a glass baking dish and have been refrigerated, do not place directly into a hot oven as the glass can shatter. Instead, place any cold glass bakeware into a cold oven to warm up while it preheats. Or, allow the bakeware to rest outside of the fridge for 30 minutes to reach room temperature while the oven preheats.
- Feel free to use ground turkey instead of ground beef. Gluten-free pasta may be used if you'd like.