This slow cooker turkey soup recipe is perfect for lunches or soup suppers. This recipe contains ground turkey, vegetables, tomato sauce, and Italian seasonings.
Ground turkey makes it relatively light and the vegetables and some basic dried herbs and great flavor. It's also very easy to put together, and it cooks for 6 to 8 hours in the slow cooker.
The recipe calls for beef bouillon and boiling water, but a good, low sodium or unsalted beef broth would be an even better choice. Just remember to taste and add salt, as needed.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and mushrooms; cook until the turkey is no longer pink and the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the turkey and mushrooms to the crock pot with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with crusty rolls or garlic bread.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|