Delicious Gulf shrimp are perfectly and simply seasoned with lemon, garlic, green onions, and a little white wine. The shrimp are then stir-fried and served with buttery browned slivered almonds. These elegant shrimp make a meal that looks like you slaved over the stove -- you can have it on the table in 20 minutes flat.
Serve this shrimp along with some hot cooked rice for a tasty and satisfying everyday meal. It's actually elegant enough for a special dinner.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- Dash Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth (or dry white wine, or use chicken broth plus 1 tablespoon of lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion tops
- In a glass bowl or other nonreactive dish, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add shrimp and marinate for 1 hour. Melt butter in large skillet; add the sliced garlic and shrimp. Reserve marinade and set aside.
- Stir-fry the shrimp over medium heat until pink. Discard garlic; remove shrimp to a warm platter and keep warm.
- Sauté slivered almonds in butter until lightly browned; add the reserved marinade, hot pepper sauce, and vermouth or dry white wine. Bring to a boil, stirring. Pour sauce over shrimp. Sprinkle with finely chopped green onions before serving. Serve with hot cooked rice or a pilaf.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|