The gummy bear martini is a popular vodka cocktail that is a joy to share with friends, what with its whimsical candy garnish. It is one of those adult beverages designed to remind you of childhood and gives you just one more excuse to act like a kid again (while drinking like an adult).
This version of the cocktail recipe is very easy and requires just three simple ingredients. Raspberry vodka, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice combine to form a fruity blend. It is just sweet enough to forget that there's alcohol in it. That also means that it can be easy to have one too many!
Have fun with it and don't forget the gummy bear garnish—that's the most important part!
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the raspberry vodka, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice.
Garnish with a skewer of gummy bears.
Serve and enjoy!
- You can infuse your own vodka with raspberry. It should take about one week and is a great way to use raspberries when they are in season.
- Alternatively, there are plenty of brands that make excellent raspberry vodka. Belvedere, Effen, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, and Svedka are just a few to look for.
- Serving this martini in a chilled glass makes it just a little bit better. There's no need to pre-chill it if you don't have space in the freezer. Instead, simply place a few ice cubes in the glass while you're mixing, then discard them prior to straining.
There are many gummy bear martini recipes out there and the variety proves the point that there are no rules to this cocktail. Gummy bear candies come in many flavors and, in the spirit of this cocktail's inspiration, have fun mixing up flavors to create your own version.
- Try switching to peach vodka and raspberry liqueur if you like. Cîroc and New Amsterdam both nice peach-flavored vodkas and Chambord is a natural choice for the raspberry.
- You can also opt for citrus, pineapple, or pear vodkas, or go with liqueurs of those flavors.
- Muddle a little fresh watermelon or a few berries into the drink.
- Swap the cranberry juice for apple juice or pour a melon liqueur like Midori instead.
How Strong Is a Gummy Bear Martini?