If you're a big gummy bear fan, you're in luck! You won't believe how simple it is to make your own homemade gummy bears at home. All you need are 3 ingredients and an inexpensive bear-shaped candy mold to get started. We've also included instructions on how to easily turn those gummies into sour gummies if you like a little sour with your sweet.
- Spray a paper towel with nonstick cooking spray, then rub it lightly around the bear cavities in the mold, to coat them with a thin layer of oil.
- In a small bowl, combine both gelatins and the cold water. Whisk them together, then let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow the gelatin to soak up the water and soften.
- Microwave the bowl for 30 seconds, then whisk well. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. If the sugar has dissolved and the mixture looks clear and well-mixed, then pour it into a measuring cup with a spout. If not, microwave for another 10 to 15 seconds until all of the sugar and gelatin have dissolved into the water.
- Pour the gelatin into the cavities. You should get about 14 1 1/2-inch bears from this recipe.
- Place the candy mold in the refrigerator to set the gelatin, for about 20 minutes. To remove the bears, carefully push the sides away from the edges and toward the center, then pull them up and out of the molds. Repeat with other colors and flavors of gelatin, as desired.
- Gummy Bears can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at cool room temperature for several weeks.
How to Make Sour Gummies
After the gelatin has been microwaved, and the mixture is fluid and smooth, whisk in 1/4 tsp. citric acid. Taste it, and add up to an additional 1/4 tsp. citric acid if you want a more sour taste.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|