- 1/3 cup/80 mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL peanut oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons/20 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons/20 mL brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 2 split chicken halves (about 3 pounds/1.4 kg)
Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Place the split chicken halves in a re-sealable GLAD Food Storage Bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking in an outdoor grill. When the temperature is approximately 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), remove the chicken from the marinade and place the chicken halves, skin-side-up, in a nine-inch baking pan.
Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken. Place the pan over indirect heat, cover the grill, and cook for 2 hours or until the internal temperature of each thigh reaches 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Baste with pan drippings before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|