|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 5|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This grilled halibut dish is accompanied by a sweet yet spicy sauce. Very flavorful!
- 5 6-ounce (170 g) halibut fillets (no skin)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.25 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: cilantro sprigs
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) light rum
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) pineapple preserves
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
2. Place all sauce ingredients in medium saucepan.
3. Simmer over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes more.
4. Remove from heat. Reheat sauce for 1-2 minutes before serving with fish.
5. Brush fish with some of the melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
6. Place onto grill grate and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of fillets.
7. Baste with remaining butter during the cooking process. Once fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, it is done.
8. Remove from heat, top with warmed rum sauce, and garnish with cilantro.