This brain Jell-O mold recipe makes a perfect gross Halloween party food that will scare and delight your guests. Once you learn how to make brain Jell-O using this easy recipe, you can adapt it to suit your tastes. Many people like green brain Jell-O molds, for example, in which case you'd simply substitute lime Jell-O for the strawberry. Or use a peach or watermelon Jell-O to get a more "natural"-looking brain. This is one of those Halloween Jell-O recipes where you can definitely be creative.
- 3 ounces (4-serving size) package strawberry Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, such as Cool Whip, thawed
- Spray a brain Jell-O mold or brain ice cube mold with cooking spray.
- Mix Jell-O and boiling water, stirring until all crystals are completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Place mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour. You want the Jell-O to be thickened, but not firm.
- With an electric mixer, beat whipped topping into thickened Jello until well-incorporated. Pour Jello mixture into the brain mold, making sure not to fill the mold completely. You should have about 1 inch between the top of the Jell-O and the top of the mold.
- Place brain mold in a dish with sides, such as an 8 x 8 dish or a pie pan, to stabilize it, and return to the refrigerator. Refrigerate Jell-O brain mold until firm, 4-24 hours.
- To serve your Jello brain, run a knife around the edges of the mold to loosen. Invert Jello brain mold onto a plate.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|