This brain jello recipe will scare and delight your guests. Once you learn how to make the gross-yet-cool brain using this set of simple instructions, you can adapt it to suit your tastes. Many people like green brains, for example, in which case you'd simply substitute the strawberry flavor with lime. You can also use peach- or watermelon-flavored gelatin to get a more "natural-looking: brain.
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- Spray a brain jello mold or brain ice cube mold with cooking spray.
- Mix the gelatin and boiling water, stirring until all crystals are completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Place mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour. You want the jello to be thickened, but not firm.
- With an electric mixer, beat whipped topping into thickened jello until well-incorporated. Pour the mixture into the brain mold, making sure not to fill the mold completely. You should have about 1 inch between the top of the jello and the top of the mold.
- Place brain mold in a dish with sides, such as an 8x8-inch dish or a pie pan to stabilize it, and return to the refrigerator. Refrigerate jello brain mold until firm, between 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve your jello brain, run a knife around the edges of the mold to loosen. Invert the brain mold onto a plate.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|