The Halloween Hpnotist is a great drink with a spooky, yet beautiful, look that features a blue fruit liqueur. The drink itself is quite simple—Hpnotiq, vodka, and lemon juice—creating a stunning blue martini that's absolutely delicious. However, it's the unique "garnish" that really sets this one apart.
It's simple: Find a bunch of three- or four-inch glow sticks (blue or green are best), crack them after you pour the drink and lay them inside the glass. The effect is dramatic and perfect for any Halloween party.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the Hpnotiq, vodka, and lemon juice.
Garnish with a lit glowstick.
Serve and enjoy!
- Be sure to rinse the glow sticks very well under water to remove any debris. Also, check them for leaks as the fluids inside are toxic.
- This is a martini and there isn't much to disguise a poor vodka, so a quality vodka is going to make a better drink. Choose a mid-range to top-shelf brand that you enjoy drinking on its own or in similar cocktails.
- Fresh lemon juice will give this drink a nice kick of flavor. For a "splash," you can simply squeeze the juice from a single lemon wedge into the shaker.
- Mix up an entire pitcher at once to make party service quick and easy. You can combine the three ingredients ahead of time, store it in the refrigerator and it will be ready to pour and serve. Fill the pitcher with at least one-third with ice first to ensure you get proper dilution, then add 2 parts Hpnotiq and 1 part vodka. Stir well and add the lemon juice to taste (possibly an entire lemon).
- Lighten the drink up and serve a tall refreshing drink rather than a martini. Simply strain the drink into an ice-filled old-fashioned or highball glass and top it off with a light soda or sparkling wine. Adding the glow stick ensures it has that spooktacular feel, but you get a taller and less potent drink to enjoy.
How Strong Is a Halloween Hpnotist?
Beautiful vodka martinis like this are usually deceiving. They look fabulous and offer a sweet, fruity taste, but packed inside is a lot of alcohol. This one is no exception, though it's a little lighter than most because Hpnotiq (34 proof) overpowers the typically 80 proof vodka. Yet, it still shakes up to 20 percent ABV (40 proof), or half the strength of drinking the vodka on its own.