This quick and easy smoked ham and brie grilled cheese sandwich is made even better with a sweet and savory apple and caramelized onion spread.
Keep in mind, since brie has a higher melting point than most cheeses, this sandwich will be done in half the time of a typical grilled cheese sandwich!
If you'd like to get your hands on this tasty spread or want to see more of what you can do with Mouth.com's "Grilled Cheese, Please" box, then click [HERE] to visit my personal blog or click the related links below to get even more awesome grilled cheese recipes!
- Begin by placing 1 pat of salted butter in the pan.
- Add ham and cook until it begins to crisp up and darken in color.
- Remove from heat, mix with 1 tbsp of the Apple and Caramelized Onion spread. Set aside.
- Next, add half of the cheese onto one slice of sourdough bread.
- Add the cooked shaved ham with the spread mixed in and top with the rest of the brie slices.
- Add the last piece of bread on top and butter the exterior of the sandwich using the remaining salted butter.
- Add the buttered sandwich to a small nonstick fry pan or panini press and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook, flipping if necessary, until each side is golden brown and the brie has melted. Since brie has a higher melting point than most cheeses, this sandwich will cook faster than most typical grilled cheese sandwiches.