This easy ham and rice bake is made with leftover baked ham, cooked rice, and mixed vegetables, baked with a buttered bread crumb topping. It's a super easy preparation and an excellent way to use leftover baked ham.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups peas or mixed vegetables, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs, tossed with 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Combine cooked rice, ham, vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and taste to add salt and pepper.
- Fold in the shredded cheese; taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish or similar 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Spoon rice and ham mixture into the casserole and spread.
- Top the mixture evenly with buttered bread crumbs.
- Cook at 325 for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Turn the broiler on for about 2 to 3 minutes to brown bread crumbs more, if desired.
You Might Also Like: Broccoli, Rice, and Ham Casserole
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|