|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This easy ham and rice bake is made with leftover baked ham, cooked rice, and mixed vegetables, baked with a buttered bread crumb topping. It's a super easy preparation and an excellent way to use leftover baked ham.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups peas or mixed vegetables, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs, tossed with 2 tablespoons melted butter
Combine cooked rice, ham, vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and taste to add salt and pepper.
Fold in the shredded cheese; taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed.
Spray an 8-inch square baking dish or similar 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Spoon rice and ham mixture into the casserole and spread.
Top the mixture evenly with buttered bread crumbs.
Cook at 325 for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Turn the broiler on for about 2 to 3 minutes to brown bread crumbs more, if desired.
You Might Also Like: Broccoli, Rice, and Ham Casserole