This easy ham casserole is a meal in one dish. Made with cooked ham, cooked spaghetti, a simple homemade mushroom sauce, cheese, and seasonings, this is a satisfying recipe that will be loved by kids and adults alike.
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cut into small lengths
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 to 6 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic seasoned pepper or another pepper blend
- Dash cayenne or other hot pepper, as desired
- Salt or more seasoned salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water, following package directions. Drain and rinse in hot water; combine with ham in a large bowl.
- Heat butter over medium-low heat; add sliced mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms are tender; add green onions. Stir in flour until blended in thoroughly. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Add seasoned salt, pepper, and hot pepper. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Taste and add more salt and pepper, as needed.
- Stir the sauce into the spaghetti and ham mixture; stir in cheese.
- Bake at 325 F for 25 to 30 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|