|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||63%|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||17%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This casserole is a nice way to use leftover ham or use a ham slice or packaged diced ham. Serve this tasty casserole with a tossed salad and biscuits for a hearty everyday meal.
- 8 ounces spaghetti or linguine (broken up)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cups minced ham
- Optional: 3 or 4 green onions (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Optional: 2 tablespoons sherry
- Optional: dash nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 cup (about 3 ounces) fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oven to 350 F.
Cook the spaghetti or linguine in boiling salted water following the package directions. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, ham, green onion, if using, and parsley. Saute, stirring, until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour until blended.
Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, sherry, nutmeg, if using, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Stir in cream or half-and-half, half of the cheese, and peas.
Add the pasta to the sauce mixture and stir to blend. Turn into the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Serve and enjoy!