This is a well-seasoned ham casserole with noodles, broccoli, and cheddar cheese, great potluck casserole recipe or a family meal in one pot.
- 4 ounces medium noodles
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated mild Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked diced ham
- 1/3 cup slivered toasted almonds*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles following package directions; drain. Cook broccoli just until tender.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt, prepared mustard, and pepper. Stir until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring until thickened; remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Dice broccoli stalks; leave flowerets intact. In an 8-inch square baking dish, arrange noodles, broccoli stems, and ham; pour cheese sauce over. Arrange the flowerets over the top, pressing down a bit. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake ham casserole for about 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
*To toast nuts, spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350 degree F oven, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Or, toast in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown and aromatic.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||42 g|
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|