This is a great-tasting baked ham with a brown sugar-sweetened beer glaze.
- 1 ham (fully cooked, about 3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup beer
- Beer Glaze:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Place ham in an uncovered roasting pan. Pour 1 cup of beer over the ham; bake at 350 F for 1 hour.
- Baste with the pan drippings every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients in a bowl for the beer glaze, using enough beer to make a smooth, paste-like glaze.
- Remove ham from oven and score fat diagonally in a criss-cross pattern.
- Stud with whole cloves and spread with the beer glaze.
- Roast for 30 to 45 minutes longer, or until well glazed and cooked through.
The internal temperature of a fully cooked ham should be about 140 F.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|