This hamburger stew is made with a simple combination of ground beef, potatoes, and carrots with potatoes and carrots—this recipe was posted on our forum.
It's a very easy meal that can be ready to eat in just under an hour. Serve the stew with a salad or place the stew over rice or couscous.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cups potatoes (diced; or small white baby potatoes)
- 1 large carrot (thinly sliced)
- 3 cups beef stock (preferably low sodium or unsalted)
- 1/4 cup flour (dissolved in small amount of cold water)Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Brown meat and onions.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and water or broth. Cook until tender.
- Stir the flour and water mixture into the stew and cook until thickened.
- Taste and add kosher salt and pepper, as needed.
- Serve along with a salad or spoon the stew mixture over rice or couscous.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|