|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 5 cups (20 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is fantastic if you are a spicy, burn-your-lips fan. It's a great finishing sauce for brisket or a spicy marinade for chicken or pork ribs.
- 1 1/2 cups/360 mL sugar
- 1/2 cup/120 mL vegetable oil
- 1 quart/950 mL vinegar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL black pepper
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL salt
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL mustard (dry)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL chili powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ketchup
1. Bring vinegar to a rolling boil, add dry ingredients (mixed together) and boil for 14 minutes.
2. Use as a finishing sauce or SLOWLY parboil pork ribs, hot links or chicken prior to grilling or smoker. For the truly adventurous, dip a slice of bread into the sauce as it is cooking.