This is fantastic if you are a spicy, burn-your-lips fan. It's a great finishing sauce for brisket or a spicy marinade for chicken or pork ribs.
- 1 1/2 cups/360 mL sugar
- 1/2 cup/120 mL vegetable oil
- 1 quart/950 mL vinegar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL black pepper
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL salt
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL mustard (dry)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL chili powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ketchup
1. Bring vinegar to a rolling boil, add dry ingredients (mixed together) and boil for 14 minutes.
2. Use as a finishing sauce or SLOWLY parboil pork ribs, hot links or chicken prior to grilling or smoker. For the truly adventurous, dip a slice of bread into the sauce as it is cooking.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|