It's a harusame (bean threads) salad flavored with soy sauce based dressing. It's good to add strips of ham if you would like.
- 1 3/4 ounces dried harusame (or cellophane noodles)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 small cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- For Dressing:
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Boil water in a medium pot.
- Boil harusame noodles in the pot, according to the package instruction.
- Drain harusame noodles in a colander and cool them with cold water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, and make one or two sheets of thin omelette.
- Cool and slice them into strips.
- Cut drained harusame into 2 to 3 inches long.
- Put the harusame, cucumber, and omelette in a bowl.
- Mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over ingredients and mix well.
- Cool the salad.
*Makes 4 side-dish servings.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|