This is a quick and easy way to put together some great beef kebabs. It is also an inexpensive, but tasty meal. The pineapple grills up with the beef giving you a fruity and flavorful dish. Serve with rice or grilled potatoes.
- 1 pound/450 g round or chuck steak, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 15-ounce/450 mL can pineapple chunks
- 1 cup/240 mL soy sauce
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon/10 mL minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
1. Drain juice from pineapple into a saucepan. Add soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, black pepper and ginger. Place on a low heat and simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool completely . Place beef and pineapple pieces in a resealable bag. Pour 1/2 of the marinade into bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
2.Place the other half of the cooked marinade/sauce in a air tight container and also place into refrigerator.
You may need to rewarm sauce right before serving.
3. Preheat grill for medium high heat. Thread meat and pineapple pieces alternately onto skewers. Make sure not to overcrowd. Grill for about 9-11 minutes, turning occasionally until kebabs are fully cooked. Serve with warmed teriyaki sauce on the side or drizzled over top.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|