This turkey brine uses pineapple juices for liquid (buy the cheap stuff in large cans) and layers of salt from soy sauce and maple syrup for sweetness. This is truly one of the most flavorful brines you'll try.
- 4 quarts pineapple juice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup light maple syrup
- 1 cup salt (1 1/2 cups Kosher or coarse salt)
- 6 cloves garlic (cut into halves)
- 4 to 6 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons red pepper (crushed)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Place turkey in large dish or container and pour brine over.
- Cover and allow to brine for 1 hour per pound. Because of the acid from the pineapple juice in this brine, you do not want to leave your turkey in the brine for too long.
- Thoroughly rinse all the brine from the turkey before cooking. Otherwise, there will be a salty flavor to the turkey.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||19 g|