|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 3 Dozen (18 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These hazelnut cookies are easy to prepare and delicious with butter and finely-chopped nuts. The cooled rounds are rolled in powdered sugar for a snow-like effect.
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon milk (or cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (stir before measuring)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (finely chopped)
Gather the ingredients and preheat the oven to 375 F/190 C/Gas 5.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter with 1/2 cup of the confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy.
Add milk or cream and vanilla; blend well.
Gradually add flour and hazelnuts, beating until well mixed. Chill until firm, about 30 to 45 minutes.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets about an inch apart.
Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottoms.
Transfer to wire racks to cool for 10 minutes.
Once cooled, roll in the remaining 1 cup confectioner's sugar.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you use the food processor to chop nuts, be careful you don't end up with nut butter. Put them in a sieve and shake gently to get rid of the very finest particles.