These delicious hazelnut butter cookies are loaded with flavor from the finely chopped hazelnuts. The cookies are rolled in confectioners' sugar after they've cooled.
Chewy Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon milk (or cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (stir before measuring)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter with 1/2 cup of the confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk or cream and vanilla; blend well. Gradually add flour and hazelnuts, beating until well mixed. Chill until firm, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets about an inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottoms. Transfer to wire racks to cool for 10 minutes, then roll in remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
Tip: If you use the food processor to chop nuts, be careful you don't end up with nut butter. Put them in a sieve and shake gently to get rid of the very finest particles.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|