This colorful mix of vegetables makes an ideal accompaniment to chicken, fish or pork. While you can serve these any time of year, the holiday season is perfect, when you can serve these as a side dish for your holiday roast dinner. Having your vegetables all in one roasting tray saves on clean up, too, which is always a big plus.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions (cut into thick wedges)
- 2 medium red potatoes (cut into 6 wedges)
- 2 carrots (medium to large, cut into chunks)
- 2 medium parsnips (cut into large chunks)
- 2 medium zucchini (thickly sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large red bell pepper (seeded and cut into chunks)
- 3-5 sprigs of rosemary
- Optional: 1 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large baking pan or ovenproof dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange cut vegetables in dish and drizzle with olive oil. Add rosemary sprigs and season with pepper.
- Roast vegetables for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn vegetables over.
- Roast for an additional 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|