Beer adds flavor to a hearty beef stew or pot roast, and this is an excellent version.
This stew is one you can prepare the night before. Just put everything in the slow cooker and refrigerate overnight. The next day, start it on high for an hour then turn to low and cook for another 7 to 9 hours.
- 2 1/2 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup beef broth, or use all beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- In the slow cooker crockery insert, combine the stew beef, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, beer, beef broth, salt, pepper, oregano, and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Mix melted butter with flour; add to the stew. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and cook until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|