|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This fish stew is easy to fix in the slow cooker. Serve this fish stew with biscuits or crackers and a tossed salad for a delicious family meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds catfish (cut into 2-inch pieces; haddock or flounder fillets are also acceptable)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted; or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces)
- 1 to 2 small zucchini squash (sliced)
- 1 can/14.5 ounces tomatoes (whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Optional: 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- Garnish: parsley
Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Stir gently, but thoroughly.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.
Garnish with parsley. Makes 4 to 6 servings.