|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This fish stew is easy to make in the slow cooker. Serve this fish stew with biscuits or crackers and a tossed salad for a delicious family meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds catfish (cut into 2-inch pieces; haddock or flounder fillets are also acceptable)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted, or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces)
- 1 to 2 small zucchini squash (sliced)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Optional: 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- Garnish: parsley
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Stir gently, but thoroughly.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.
Garnish with parsley. Serve and enjoy!