This moist peach bread is an excellent way to use fresh peaches. I added some peach liqueur to the bread, but peach nectar may be substituted.
The bread is made with butter and flavored with ground cinnamon. Serve this delicious peach bread with softened butter or cream cheese. See the tips for an easy peach cream cheese spread.
For a pretty finish, overlap some peaches on to of the batter before baking and sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar.
- 3 cups peaches (fresh and diced)
- 1/4 cup peach liqueur (or peach nectar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- Simmer diced peaches with the liqueur or peach nectar until peaches are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat, add the vanilla and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with peach mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack in pan for 10 minutes; remove to cool completely.
Peach Cream Cheese Spread: In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat one 8-ounce package of softened cream cheese with 1/4 cup of peach preserves.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|