|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|Total Sugars 30g|
|Vitamin C 9mg||45%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The Hello Kitty is an easy cocktail that mixes the fruits of Ty Ku liqueur with fresh lemonade and your favorite vodka. It's a simple, refreshing, and fruity vodka martini that's unusual but absolutely wonderful. Pair this drink with a fresh fruit bowl for a spectacular spring brunch.
While the light green cocktail may seem simple in terms of flavor (vodka, liqueur, and lemonade—nothing unique there), it is the Ty Ku liqueur that turns an ordinary concoction into a sensational one. Inside the sake-based liqueur are over 20 fruits and botanicals that, in this case especially, are displayed beautifully and really shine.
1 ounce vodka
2 ounces Ty Ku Liqueur
1 ounce freshly squeezed lemonade
Citrus twist, for garnish
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the vodka, liqueur, and lemonade. Fill with ice.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a citrus twist. Serve and enjoy.
- As with all martinis, the hello kitty deserves the best vodka you're comfortable pouring. The mix is so transparent that you will taste any impurities in the vodka, so try to stick with premium vodkas or those you wouldn't mind drinking straight.
- Likewise, fresh-squeezed lemonade is going to make a better tasting cocktail. It's as easy as mixing 1 part each simple syrup and lemon juice with two parts water. You can even make a single glass by shaking it up with ice.
- Another advantage to homemade lemonade is that you can control the sweet and sour flavors to suit your taste by adding more syrup or juice. Many of the bottled lemonades are either too sweet or too sour, which can easily throw off the cocktail's balance.
- This is an ideal recipe to transform into a simple punch. Simply increase the ingredients for the number of servings needed. You can make it a little lighter (so your guests don't get too tipsy) by pouring 1 part each Ty Ku and vodka and 2 or 3 parts lemonade. It also makes an excellent pre-mixed drink if you keep a pitcher in the refrigerator.
- Add a little sparkle with a splash of club soda or use a sparkling lemonade.
- If you cannot find Ty Ku, there's no really good substitute. However, you could replace it with a melon-flavored liqueur (e.g., Midori, Bols Melon) for an equally tasty cocktail that retains the green color.
How Strong Is a Hello Kitty?
The hello kitty's sweet-sour taste can trick you into drinking one too many and lead to a hangover. It may look like a sweet, innocent drink, but its alcohol content is actually 24 percent ABV (48 proof). That's typical of this style of drink and equivalent to the popular cosmopolitan.