The Hennessy Black Apricot Sunray is an exotic variation of two popular punch recipes, the Sangria and Champagne Punch. As in both of those, there is a lot going on in this drink and every ingredient is special on its own.
Hennessy Black takes the great cognac and adds jasmine, daffodils, and orange flowers, among its flavorings, and the Chandon Brut is a wonderful dry sparkling wine. Those are accented beautifully by the fruits of apricot, blood orange, lemons, and brandied cherries.
This is an impressive punch that will please any crowd during any occasion.
- 1-375 ml bottle Hennessy Black Cognac
- 1 bottle of Chandon Brut
- 24 ounces Orchard Apricot Liqueur
- 12 ounces Kern's Apricot Nectar
- 12 ounces fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 32 ounces fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 15-20 apricot slices
- 5 thinly sliced lemons
- 1 blood orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 12 brandied cherries
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large punch bowl or pitcher, simply add all ingredients and stir with ice.
- This is a very large punch recipe, so it's great for big parties. If you estimate that each drink will be about a 4-ounce serving, then you will have enough for about 29 people. That is, of course, assuming everyone sticks to a single drink.
Recipe courtesy: Hennessy