Serve these delicious meatballs with your favorite spaghetti sauce and pasta dish or prepare them for a party appetizer with dips or a sweet and sour sauce. These meatballs would also be wonderful with a stroganoff sauce on noodles.
To make a uniform size, weigh each meatball or use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon as you shape the meatballs. Wet your hands to keep the meatball mixture easier to handle.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 85%
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, or about 2 teaspoons dried
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- Spray a cooling rack with baking or nonstick cooking spray and place in a foil-lined jelly roll pan or roasting pan.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients and shape into 1-inch meatballs. Arrange the meatballs on the prepared rack and bake for about 35 minutes, or until cooked through. If your meatballs are larger, bake longer, or until thoroughly cooked.*
Serves 6 to 8.
*According to the USDA, ground beef should be cooked to a minimum temperature of 160° to destroy harmful bacteria which could be present in ground meat.
An instant read thermometer is kitchen essential.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|