|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: serves 10 to 12|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Mustard, dried herbs, and spices give this tender and delicious beef tenderloin roast extra flavor. Serve this beef tenderloin with your favorite mashed or roasted potatoes and a side vegetable or tossed salad.
Complementary Side Recipes for Roast Dinners
- 1 beef tenderloin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf tarragon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Heat oven to 400°. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
Combine the rosemary, thyme, garlic, nutmeg, allspice, salt, tarragon, pepper, and mustard. Rub the mixture all over the roast.
Roast for 45 to 55 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers about 145° when inserted into the thickest part of the roast.
Remove from the oven, tent loosely with foil, and let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.