Mustard, dried herbs, and spices give this tender and delicious beef tenderloin roast extra flavor. Serve this beef tenderloin with your favorite mashed or roasted potatoes and a side vegetable or tossed salad.
Complementary Side Recipes for Roast Dinners
- 1 beef tenderloin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf tarragon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 400°. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Combine the rosemary, thyme, garlic, nutmeg, allspice, salt, tarragon, pepper, and mustard. Rub the mixture all over the roast.
- Roast for 45 to 55 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers about 145° when inserted into the thickest part of the roast.
- Remove from the oven, tent loosely with foil, and let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|