This beer can chicken recipe calls for wine instead of beer giving it a unique, but delicious flavor. This wine can chicken is definitely a great recipe to try.
- 1 4-5 lb./1.8-2.3 kg. Chicken (whole)
- 1 12 oz./350 mL beer can (empty, small mason jar may be used instead of beer can)
- 6 oz./175 mL wine (white)
- For the Rub:
- 1/4 cup/60 mL Lea & Perrins Marinade(for Chicken)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 4 tsp./20 mL fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 4 tsp./20 mL fresh thyme (chopped)
- 4 tsp./20 mL onion (minced)
- 4 tsp./20 mL garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp./10 mL salt
1. Combine all rub ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons/30 mL of rub for wine mixture.
2. Remove giblets and the neck from the chicken. Rise carefully under cold water to remove any debris. Blot dry, inside and out with paper towel and place onto a dry cutting board.
3. Preheat grill.
4. Apply rub all over, including cavity of bird. Pour wine into can and add reserved rub.Sir gently to combine.
5. Maneuver bird, cavity side down onto the can. Place onto grill. Cook chicken over indirect medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until internal temperature of thigh is between 175-185 degrees F/80-85 degrees C.
6. Using heat resistant gloves, remove cooked chicken from grill and let rest (with can still intact), for 10 minutes before carving.
7. Carefully remove can and discard. Carve and serve.