A mixture of bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and herbs flavor these baked chicken breasts. Feel free to replace the fine breadcrumbs with panko crumbs for a crispier coating.
For garlic flavor, add about 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder to the breadcrumb mixture. Replace the oregano and thyme with 1 teaspoon of Italian herb blend if you'd like.
Serve the chicken with mashed or baked potatoes and a salad or steamed vegetables.
- 3 pounds split chicken breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs (plain)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (crumbled)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (crumbled)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cold butter (cut into small pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove skin from the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, salt, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
- Dip the chicken in melted butter. Coat the chicken with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken in a single layer, not touching, in a greased shallow baking dish. Dot the chicken with the butter pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
- According to the USDA, the minimum safe temperature for poultry is 165 F. If unsure, check the chicken with a food thermometer inserted into the thickest parts -- not touching bone.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||64 g|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|