Delicious baked chicken breasts are flavored with an herb, lemon, and garlic marinade. This marinade can also be used for grilled or broiled chicken.
Feel free to use your own combination of herbs.
- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced
- green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- Grated zest of one lemon
- Put chicken in a large resealable plastic food storage bag.
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over chicken. Turn bag to coat chicken pieces well. Refrigerate and marinate for 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain well; put the reserved marinade in a saucepan.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined baking dish or roaster. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil; continue boiling over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the marinade; turn and brush the other side and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes longer, basting several times before the chicken is done.
- Chicken should be browned and juices will run clear when pierced with a fork. Serves 4 to 6.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|