Herb butter is great to use in any dish that benefits from the addition of herbs: pasta, steamed vegetables, fish, etc. Herb butter is easy to make and keeps well in your freezer. It's great to keep on hand for jazzing up those last minute meals.
- 4 oz. Butter (1 stick) (softened)
- 1/4 Cup Herbs (your choice) (finely chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Any combination of herbs will do here. Trying a mixture of any of the following: tarragon, chives, parsley, dill, rosemary, thyme, sage, dill or use a single herb. Chop the herbs as fine as possible.
- Cream the butter and herbs together with a fork. Add the lemon juice and salt to taste.
- On a piece of plastic wrap, shape the butter into a log about one inch in diameter. Wrap the log in plastic.
- The butter will keep in the refrigerator for a week or a month in the freezer.
- When you're ready to use it, just slice off a piece and place directly on the hot food. If the butter is frozen, let it warm slightly before using.
Find the best Gourmet Specialty Foods, Supplies, and Cookware