This chicken casserole is made with boneless chicken breasts, a variety of herbs, and other ingredients. It's a tasty one-dish casserole for any weeknight meal and an easy recipe for some delicious comfort food for your house or to bring to somebody else's.
Top the casserole off with crumbled cooked bacon or shredded cheese.
6 boneless chicken breast halves
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon leaf thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon or rosemary, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced chives or 1 scant teaspoon fresh
Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper.
Brown chicken slowly in butter in a large skillet.
Arrange browned chicken in a baking dish.
To drippings in skillet, add the soup; stir to blend. Slowly add dry white wine, stirring until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and heat to boiling.
Pour sauce over the chicken and cover dish with foil.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 35 minutes or until tender.
Serve with rice or noodles.
Related Chicken Recipes