- 4 filet mignon, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL rosemary
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL marjoram
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a covered microwave safe bowl for 50 to 60 seconds. Remove and allow to cool. Add herbs and stir. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place filet mignon into a shallow glass dish. Pour herb mixture over and turn steaks to coat. Cover and let marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Right before placing steaks on grill, oil grill grates with a long pair of tongs, folded paper towels and oil. Make 3 to 4 passes on grates.
- Remove steaks, and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place onto grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or cook to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from heat and let rest for at least five minutes. Serve with grilled vegetables and mashed potatoes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|