|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 1/2 Cup (16 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This herb and Dijon wet rub creates a flavorful crust over the prime rib as it cooks. This rub is perfect whether you bake, grill, rotisserie, or smoke the roast.
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt (use more if roast is large)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (coarse ground)
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Apply wet rub all over prime rib roast and cook as directed.
- You can prepare this mixture, cover and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes before using. This allows the flavors to meld properly.
- Store mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days after preparation.
- Double recipe if you are cooking a very large roast, otherwise, this amount works well for a four bone rib roast.