These delicious roasted potatoes are the perfect side to grilled or broiled meat or poultry. Use red potatoes, Yukon gold, or a round white potato in the recipe. You can peel the potatoes or leave them unpeeled. New potatoes would be excellent if they're in season.
Basic Roasted Potatoes
- 8 small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut in 6 to 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chopped basil, fresh or freeze-dried
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped parsley, fresh or freeze-dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Oil a shallow baking pan.
- Combine potato wedges, onion wedges, and seasonings in a large bowl; toss to combine and coat potatoes.
- Transfer potatoes to the prepared pan.
- Roast for about 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|