It doesn't get much easier than a roast chicken for dinner, and this recipe is an excellent choice. The chicken is roasted to perfection with a lemony herb and butter rub.
- 1 roasting chicken, about 4 to 5 pounds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 rib celery, cut into large chunks
- Few sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Rub inside of chicken with lemon juice; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion quarters, celery, and a few sprigs of parsley to chicken cavity.
- Combine the melted butter with the chopped parsley, rosemary, and thyme.
- Brush some of the butter mixture over the chicken.
- Place chicken in a shallow roasting pan and roast at 350 F for about 20 minutes per pound.
- Baste with melted butter and herb mixture several times.
Internal temperature should register at least 165 F on a meat thermometer inserted into the meaty part of the thigh.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||87 g|
|Saturated Fat||28 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|