- 3/4 cup Salad oil (see note)
- 1/4 cup White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried herbs (either thyme, marjoram, basil, chives, or tarragon)
- dash salt (to taste)
- dash white pepper (to taste)
- Combine the mustard and vinegar in a glass or stainless steel bowl and whisk them together briefly.
- Place the mustard-vinegar mixture along with the oil, herbs, and seasonings in a blender and mix for about 10 seconds or until fully combined.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and let stand for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
Note: Any oil labeled "vegetable oil" or "salad oil" is fine for this basic recipe.
You can also use any light, neutral-flavored oil like safflower, canola or soybean oil.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|