This is a good, thin barbecue sauce that relies more on vinegar and beer than on tomatoes for its base. You can omit the liquid smoke if preferred. Use this sauce on beef brisket, chicken and pork.
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon liquid hickory smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (ground)
- Stir ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to a high simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for an additional 8-10 minutes. Stir often and watch for burning. Adjust heat accordingly.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 15-20 minutes before using.
- Store unused sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation. Warm slightly before using.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|