|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
|Vitamin C 7mg||34%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The Hollywood martini is a fun and fruity vodka cocktail that shines as bright as the lights of Tinseltown. It holds the sweet taste of black raspberries against tart pineapple juice and backs them up with your favorite vodka. The recipe is easy and the drink fabulous, so you're definitely going to want to share it with friends.
This martini recipe is the "up" version of the popular Hollywood cocktail. It is no different other than the fact that it is shaken and served without ice. You'll find it to be a perfect choice for hot summer nights, a casual brunch, and anytime you want a refreshing, light, and flavor-filled cocktail.
2 ounces vodka
3/4 ounce black raspberry liqueur
1/2 ounce pineapple juice
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the vodka, black raspberry liqueur, and pineapple juice. Fill with ice.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Serve and enjoy.
- Chambord is the most popular black raspberry liqueur on the market, so it is most often used in the Hollywood martini. There are other brands available, but be careful to avoid those that are too cheap as they can also be too sweet and bring down the drink's clean flavor. Bols Raspberry Liqueur is a great alternative and you can also look for framboise liqueurs or any type of raspberry ("black" is not required).
- The vodka you pour into the Hollywood martini doesn't have to be your best, though it will be better with premium vodka. While the fruits will mask some impurities, they won't cover up everything. Choose wisely and you'll enjoy a better tasting drink.
- For the pineapple juice, fresh is best and it's easy to muddle the juice from pineapple chunks if you don't have a juicer. You don't need much for this drink, so it will not require a lot of work.
- If you choose to buy pineapple juice, pick up the small cans. It doesn't keep well for long periods of time and, unless you drink a lot of pineapple, you can easily end up wasting quite a bit of juice with the bigger cans.
- This martini recipe is the ideal cocktail to play with flavored vodkas. You can ramp up either of the fruit flavors by pouring a pineapple or raspberry vodka, or go with another fruit. Almost any of the popular flavors work, though citrus, any berry, and pomegranate vodkas would be excellent choices. For a fun twist, try a vanilla vodka.
- To enhance the raspberry or pineapple flavors, muddle some of the fresh fruits in your cocktail shaker before adding ice and the other ingredients. A few fresh or frozen raspberries and pineapple chunks will add a nice, fresh flavor to the drink and give the martini a new life.
How Strong Is the Hollywood Martini?
When made with an 80-proof vodka and Chambord, the alcohol content of the Hollywood martini comes out to around 13 percent ABV (26 proof). In the world of martinis, that's a pretty light drink when you consider that the standard vodka martini—even a chocolate martini—weigh in over 25 percent ABV.