Save money and make your own apple pie spice mix. This is an easy homemade apple pie spice, made with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
The amounts are scaled so you can make just 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon, or as much as 1/4 cup if you want to keep it in a jar for future use. Use an empty, clean herb jar or a small canning jar to store the bulk spice blend.
For pumpkin pie spice, replace the cardamom and allspice with ground ginger.
- For 1 Teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- For 1 Tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- For 1/4 Cup
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- If you make a large amount of the apple spice blend, store it in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. Use the spice in apple pie, spice cake or cupcakes, cookies, and pumpkin recipes.
Tips and Variations
- Replace the allspice and cardamom with ground ginger.
- Replace the cardamom with ground cloves, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|