|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Save money and make your own apple pie spice mix! This is an easy homemade apple pie spice, made with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
The recipe makes 1/4 cup of apple pie spice, and it is easy to scale up or down. Use an empty, clean herb jar or a small canning jar to store the bulk spice blend.
For pumpkin pie spice, replace the cardamom and allspice with ground ginger.
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Store the apple pie spice it in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Use the spice in apple pie, spice cake or cupcakes, cookies, and pumpkin recipes.
- The recipe is easily scaled down for a small amount. For 1 tablespoon of apple pie spice, combine 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon with 3/4 teaspoons of nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon of allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom.
- Replace the allspice and cardamom with ground ginger for an extra kick.
- Replace the cardamom with ground cloves if you want a festive twist.