- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups coconut (flaked)
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- Grease and flour baking sheets and preheat oven to 300° F (150° C/Gas 2) .
- In a small bowl with hand-held mixer, beat egg whites and salt at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Sprinkle sugar in, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition until sugar is completely dissolved.
- This will take a few minutes after each addition of sugar. (Whites should be in stiff glossy peaks by the time you're done.) Beat in vanilla. With a rubber spatula, fold in coconut and flour.
- Drop coconut by teaspoonfuls about an inch apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. With spatula, carefully remove cookies to rack to cool. Store in tightly covered container for up to 3 days.
Related Cookie Recipes
Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|