To make a recipe that asks for Dijon mustard even more special, trying making your own! This Dijon mustard is made with honey, white wine, garlic, and dashes of Tabasco sauce. Let these ingredients mingle in a container for a few days, and you'll have a homemade condiment that is bursting with flavor!
- 2 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 2 cups white wine (dry)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 ounces dry mustard (about1 cup)
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Optional: 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Combine honey, wine, onion, and garlic. Heat to boiling. Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into bowl and cool. Strain the wine mixture into dry mustard in a small saucepan, whisking until very smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Heat slowly, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Allow to cool.
- Pour into a non-metal container and cover. refrigerate for at least 2 days to blend flavors
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|