These pumpkin cupcakes are a perfect choice for a Halloween party treat or fall dessert. The moist pumpkin cupcakes are perfectly spiced with a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, and they get extra texture from chopped walnuts or pecans.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1 cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in mashed pumpkin.
- Stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition; stir in chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Spoon batter into well-greased and floured or paper-lined muffin pan cups. Fill about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 F (190 C/Gas 5) for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and frost the cupcakes or top with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.
Makes about 24 cupcakes.
You Might Also Like These Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|